Suggestions for learning about those in need:
- Pray for the homeless, poor, and those in poor health.
- Make friendships with people in these situations.
- Come for a noon community free meal or for worship on a Sunday evening and listen over a meal with your neighbors.
- Join a project so you can work alongside others who live by different priorities. Housed and homeless can work, decide, encourage, listen, learn from, pray, and wait together.
- A regular, periodic volunteer commitment is an opportunity to build relationships, and make a difference in people’s lives.
- Become informed about the issues, the legislative changes & proposals, the advocacy groups, and the work being done to reduce the extent of poverty and homelessness. To help with that our links to other Internet locations are concentrated on 2 pages:.